We refer to Personal Information to mean any information that may identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, physical address (whether, residential or official), email address or other contact information, that is not publicly available. In general, you can visit Bough’s Web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself, except if you opt to apply online through the link available on the Careers page or write to us through the ‘Contact us’ page, or subscribe to our newsletters etc by registering on the Knowledge page.
Application of the Policy
- This policy covers how Bough treats personal information that may be received and collected.
- Links: The Bough website may be linked to other websites which are developed by people over whom Bough exercises no control. This policy does not apply to the practices of such third party sites. These other sites may place their own cookies on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information. Bough is accordingly not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
What type of Information do we receive?
The types of information we receive are:
- Information given by the user: We receive and may at times store any information including Personal Information you enter on our website or give us in any other way,which may be in any of the following forms:
- By entering information on the page titled Contact Us, you will submit information such as your name, and email address to enable us to reply to you
- By sending in your resume and other personal details through the Apply Now Link, which enables you to apply online for an opening at Bough. We may use this information throughout Bough and its affiliates, clients and subsidiaries for the purpose of employment consideration or your inquiry, and may also keep the information for future consideration.
- By registering with the Knowledge Center link in order to send you our newsletters and other news alerts that you may have subscribed to, we ask for your name and email ID. Please note that we will also be collecting any information that you may have mentioned in any communication/ email that you send to us.
- Automatic Information: We may at some time, receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us, e.g. the use of “cookies”.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from boughconsulting.com if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
- Bough may collect limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available whenever you visit a website. This log information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your query and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use this information to operate, develop and improve our services.
Do we collect sensitive personal data?
“Sensitive Personal Information ” refers to the various categories of personal data identified by European and other data privacy laws as requiring special treatment, including in some circumstances the need to obtain explicit consent, and include personal data about personality and private life, racial or ethnic origin, nationality, political opinions, membership of political parties or movements, religious, philosophical or other similar beliefs, membership of a trade union or profession or trade association, physical or mental health, genetic code, addictions, sexual life, or criminal record (including information about suspected criminal activities).
Use to which information so received is put
As a general practice, no Personal Information is collected about a visitor to the website, apart from the personal information submitted by the visitor himself/herself. We shall use such Personal Information for the purpose you share it with us. However, at times, certain information may be collected from you when you visit the website. Such information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the website, pages viewed etc. This gives us an idea of which parts of our website users are visiting, in order that we may improve the content to offer you better services. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. This means that a user’s session will be tracked, but the user will be anonymous.
We do not share, sell or lease Personal Information about you to any third parties for their marketing uses. Bough does not intend to transfer, rent, sell, or share any Personal Information that may be submitted by you, without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on Bough’s behalf unless such transfer is required in order to comply with requirements of law; to investigate, prevent, to take action regarding illegal activities, such as suspected fraud; in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use or in situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
Reorganization of Business
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to any Personal Information that may be submitted by you, to Bough employees strictly on a need to know basis, such as to respond to your inquiry or request.
- We have physical, electronic, administrative, technical and procedural safeguards that comply with all applicable laws and regulations to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized or inappropriate access, alteration, disclosure and destruction. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you are done using a shared computer.
- Employees who misuse personal information are subject to strict disciplinary action, as it is a violation of the Integrity Policy of Bough.
Access to your information
You are entitled to know whether we hold information about you and, if we do, to have access to that information and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You can do this by sending us an email.
By accessing and using this website, you confirm that you were informed regarding the processing of your Personal Information (including your rights related there to) and you give your express consent regarding such processing, and the transfer of such data to other countries.
Links to Other Sites
We provide links to other Web sites for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statements in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked Web sites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites or any use of the sites or for the privacy practices of those other Web sites.
Third Party Services
Third parties may provide certain services on our behalf. Bough may provide information, including Personal Information that Bough collects on the Web to third-party service providers (who are contractually bound to use Personal Information we share with them only to perform the services we have hired them to provide) to help us deliver programs, products, information, and services. Bough will take all reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect Personal Information on Bough’s behalf.
Cookies and other technologies
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site or page. The cookie will help the website, or another website recognize your device the next time you visit it.
Generally, cookies on our websites are in the following categories:
- Essential cookies: Some cookies are essential for the operation of our websites.
- Performance Cookies: We utilize other cookies to analyze how visitors use our websites and to monitor website performance. For instance, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. We might also use these cookies to highlight articles or site services that we think will be of interest to you based on your usage of the website.
- Functionality Cookies: We use functionality cookies to remember your preferences.
- Behaviorally Targeted Advertising Cookies: Such cookies assist to serve you with advertisements that we believe are relevant to you and your interests. You might see these advertisements on our website or other sites that you visit.
Advertisers sometimes use their own cookies to provide you with targeted advertising. For instance, advertisers may use a profile they have built on sites that you have previously visited to present you with more relevant advertisements during your visit to our website. We believe that it is useful to our users to see advertisements that are more relevant to their interests. If you are based in the European Union and would like to learn more about how advertisers use these types of cookies or to choose not to receive them, please visit www.youronlinechoices.eu. If you are based in the United States and would like to learn more, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.These websites are not owned by us and we are not responsible for their content.
We also use or allow third parties to serve cookies that fall into the four categories above. We may also use third party cookies to help us with market research, revenue tracking, improving site functionality and monitoring compliance with our terms and conditions.
We maintain the highest levels of confidentiality for this information. This anonymous information is used and analyzed only at an aggregate level to help us understand trends and patterns. If you do not want your transaction details used in this manner, you can either disable your cookies or opt-out at the download or request page. However, if you prefer not to accept cookies, you can set your browser to reject them or to alert you before one is placed.
How to enable and disable cookies using your browser:
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Click ‘Show advanced settings’
- In the “Privacy” section, click the ‘Content settings’ button
- To enable cookies in the “Cookies” section, select ‘Allow local data to be set’, this will enable both first-party and third-party cookies. To allow only first-party cookies select ‘Block all third-party cookies without exception’
- To disable cookies, in the “Cookies” section, select ‘Block sites from setting any data’
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Chrome. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Chrome, refer to the following page from Google: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet Options’
- In the options window navigate to the ‘Privacy’ tab
- To enable cookies: Set the slider to ‘Medium’ or below
- To disable cookies: Move the slider to the top to block all cookies
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Explorer. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Internet Explorer, refer to the following page from Microsoft: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Click on ‘Tools’ at the browser menu and select ‘Options’
- Select the Privacy panel
- To enable cookies: Check ‘Accept cookies for sites’
- To disable cookies: Uncheck ‘Accept cookies for sites’
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Firefox. For more information, refer to the following page from Mozilla: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Click on ‘Setting’ at the browser menu and select ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Quick Preferences’
- To enable cookies: check “Enable Cookies”
- To disable cookies: uncheck “Enable Cookies”
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Opera. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Opera, refer to the following page from Opera Software: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
Safari on OSX
- Click on ‘Safari’ at the menu bar and select the ‘Preferences’ option
- Click on ‘Security’
- To enable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Only from site you navigate to’
- To disable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Never’
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Safari. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Safari, refer to the following page from Apple: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/en/9277.html
All other browsers
Please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider.
We would like to caution our visitors about phishing attacks, wherein unscrupulous third parties seek to extract sensitive and confidential information from you by posing as a genuine website or by a sending an email misrepresenting it to be from a genuine source. Please be aware that we never seek sensitive or confidential information such as regarding your financial or health record through emails or through our websites. If you receive such a message claiming to be from Bough, then please do not reply to it and immediately bring it to our attention by contacting the Webmaster.
Bough recognizes the receipt, transmission or distribution of spam emails (unsolicited bulk emails) as a major concern and has taken reasonable measures, to minimize the transmission and effect of spam emails in its computing environment. All emails received by Bough are subject to spam check. With this measure, along with other technical spam reduction measures, Bough hopes to minimize the effect of spam emails. Bough reserves the right to reject and / or report any suspicious spam emails, to the authorities concerned, for necessary action, from time to time.
Compliance with Privacy laws
Changes to this Policy
Bough plans to take all reasonable efforts to maintain up to date and effective online privacy standards and practices. We have linked every page of our website to this page for your convenience and you may also contact our Webmaster with any questions or concerns that you may have.